Renaissance College is a learning community and therefore supports, where possible, student-teachers through the provision of a number of placements each year, both within our Primary and Secondary Schools. The number of placements and the subjects offered changes annually.
Please see below for details on available placements for 2020/21, the application process and deadlines.
Available placements 2020/21 academic year
For the 2020/21 academic year, there are no placements available in Primary.
The below placements are on offer for 2020/21 in the Secondary school:
If you would like to be considered for a placement at Renaissance College, please submit an application letter and Curriculum Vitae to:
Ms. J. Ferrari – Primary placement applications
Ms. B. Stern – Secondary placement applications
At the interview you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate some knowledge of the IB curriculum
- Share an understanding of inquiry-based and student- centred learning and teaching
- Demonstrate good written and oral language skills
- Share experience of working and/or observing in a school context as part of your preparation for study
- Explain how a placement at RCHK will fulfil the requirements of the course you are undertaking
- Explain how you will seek answers to questions you do not yet know, both when teaching students and engaging in your own studies
- Share a plan for balancing your life commitments, study and teaching
If you are successful at interview and we are able to provide you with a placement, you will need to provide us with the following documentation to secure this:
- Completed Volunteer Worker Registration & Declaration Form
- Copy of HK permanent ID card or relevant visa for working in Hong Kong
- Copy of the University letter stating that you are studying there
- Copy of their third-party insurance (usually it’s provided by the University)
- Copy of the ‘Sexual Conviction Check’