Effective from academic year 2018/19, the Admissions process will be a ‘one form’ application system for all ESF primary and secondary schools including Renaissance College. Parents are strongly advised to review this process on the ESF website before applying.
The online application will take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete; the system will automatically log you out if it is idle for 60 minutes. All unsaved data will be lost. Please allow yourself enough time to familiarise with all of the instructions before you start.
Once your application has been submitted, you will not be able to change or view your application data online. Applicants are strongly advised to check their application data carefully and keep a record of their application data before submitting their application.
Applicants are also required to submit certain documents to support their application, together with the completed Online Application Form (see Step 4). These documents cannot be submitted online.
A. For Central Applications of Y1 held in September every year, ALL supporting documents are to be submitted, by registered mail, to English Schools Foundation, Central Admissions, 25/F, 1063 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong within 5 working days.
B. For General Applications (all year round):
- if RCHK is your FIRST choice of school, please post /deliver, within 5 working days, the documents to Admissions Office, Renaissance College, 5 Hang Ming Street, Ma On Shan, N.T. Hong Kong
- If RCHK is NOT your first choice of school, please submit the documents by registered mail to English Schools Foundation, Central Admissions, 25/F, 1063 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.
An application will be processed ONLY when all documents and payment are received.
After your online application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an acknowledgement email with a unique 12-digit Application Reference Number. Please make sure your e-mail account will not block correspondence from Renaissance College and ESF Foundation.
If you are not sure that your application was successfully submitted, it is your responsibility to contact the Renaissance College or ESF Foundation to ensure that your application was received.
You are required to quote the Application Reference Number and the applicant’s full name in all future correspondence with the Admissions Office.
Please email the Admissions Office as soon as possible should there be any changes in personal particulars after your application has been submitted.
Technical support: If you experience difficulties using the ‘online’ applications, please upgrade your system. Please note that the system is best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer v7 or v8 and Firefox v3.6 with the browser’s security settings at or below default levels to access this online system. Should the problem persist, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Technical Problem Encountered During On-Line Applications” and briefly describe the problem in the content. ESF’s Technical Support Team will be in touch with you to help solve the issues.
NOTE: The online application system is scheduled to perform regular system maintenance every Sunday from 3 am to 3:30 am Hong Kong time. During this time, the online application forms will not be available
STEPS TO SUBMIT AN ONLINE APPLICATION
Step 1: Complete Online Application Form
Step 2: Upload the applicant’s photograph
Step 3: Verify application data and submit the application
Step 4: Print your completed Online Application to be posted to the respective Admissions Office (see above for the right address) with your supporting documents* within five working days
Step 5: Choice of payment
Step 6: Receive acknowledgement email within 24-hours
* SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS: Proper xerox copies only. Snapshots by smartphone are NOT acceptable.
- Copy of completed ‘Online Application’ form or the Application slip/acknowledgement email;
- Copy of application fee online payment result;
- Copy of child’s school reports for the last two years, with English translation as appropriate. If applying for Y1, one kindergarten report;
- Educational Psychology Reports or similar (where appropriate);
- Copy of student’s birth certificate;
- Copy of child’s passport including the current visa status for Hong Kong;
- Copy of parent’s passport including the current visa status in Hong Kong;
- Copy of parent’s and child’s identity cards, if applicable as residing in Hong Kong;
- Two proof of HK address documents – a copy of a stamped tenancy agreement or a current government demand for rates bill plus an original utility bill or bank statement;
- A reference letter from your child’s current school (for applicants seeking admissions to Year 3 and above);
- Copies of examination certificates/results (for Year 12 application);
- Two passport-style photographs of the applicant;
- Details of parent attendance at ESF primary/secondary school (if applicable).
Please note it is past the Year One (2019-20) application deadline date (midnight October 1, 2018). You may still submit applications here but it will be marked as LATE and will NOT be processed together with the ‘in-time’ applications. Please click here for Y1 Admissions timetable.
Please note that there is no assurance that an assessment/interview or a seat will be offered within the school year applied. Applicants in the queue could be subjected to a period of waiting and be considered for future school years instead due to the lack of vacancies. The applications fee is non-refundable regardless.
Application Fee: Application fees will be set at $2,000, with effect from 1 September 2018. The collection of the application fee constitutes NO assurance that an assessment/interview or a school place will be offered.
Non-refundable Building Levy (NBL):
Beginning with the 2013-14 school year, the non-refundable building levy payable by all new incoming Year One student is HK$50,000. New students entering Year Two to Year Twelve will be required to pay a pro-rated contribution.