Welcome to the online version of the ESF application for primary and secondary schools.
Effective from the academic year 2018/19, all applications go through the ‘one form’ application system for ESF primary schools, secondary schools and all-through schools — Discovery College (DC) and Renaissance College (RCHK). Parents may only submit one online application per child with their selected preference of schools.
Parents may choose up to three selected schools: the ESF school of zone, DC and/or RCHK. If a parent chooses the ESF school of zone as a selected school, there will be an additional option available for parents to select an alternative ESF out-of-zone school. If there is an opportunity to interview, this additional option may be considered if the three preferences of schools are not available; however, parents will be responsible for arranging transport to the out-of-zone school as there will not be a school bus service.
To get you started with the online application process, please read the instructions below. It has been our experience that applicants most successfully complete the application if they read the entire set of instructions before beginning.
The online application contains 10 sections, each designated by the following tabs:
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS OF STUDENT
SECTION 2: HOME ADDRESS
SECTION 3: PARENT INFORMATION
SECTION 4: OTHER CHILDREN IN THE FAMILY
SECTION 5: LANGUAGE BACKGROUND
SECTION 6: MEDICAL AND OTHER NEEDS
SECTION 7: SCHOOL INFORMATION
SECTION 8: OUT OF SCHOOL INTEREST
SECTION 9: PARENT STATEMENT OF INTENT
SECTION 10: APPLICANT’S PHOTO AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
SECTION 11: PARENT SURVEY
LAST STEP: APPLICATION FEE – ONLINE PAYMENT
Before starting to fill in the online application form, make sure you have:
- Your child’s Hong Kong identity card, passport or birth certificate numbers, and date of birth details;
- If your child has siblings, their Hong Kong identity card number, passport number, and date of birth details;
- Details of child’s previous school history, school name, grades attended, etc..;
- A digital photo of the student saved on your computer;
- Your credit card details for online payment of the application fee. You will be requested to enter the 3 or 4-digit code found on the back of your credit card. If you decide to use a VISA card issued by a bank that has launched the“Verified BY VISA” or MasterCard Secure Code, you will be required by the bank to provide details for verification.
- Allow yourself 40-60 minutes to complete; the suggested maximum time for an online form is 90 minutes.
- *Supporting documents (listed on the application checklist) in PDF format.*The supporting documents to be UPLOADED during the application are:
- Copy of child’s school reports for the last two years, with English translation as appropriate. If applying for Year 1, one kindergarten report;
- Educational Psychology Reports or similar (where appropriate);
- Copy of student’s birth certificate;
- Copy of child’s passport including the current visa status for Hong Kong;
- Copy of parent’s passport including the current visa status in Hong Kong;
- Copy of parent’s and child’s identity cards, if applicable as residing in Hong Kong;
- Proof of Hong Kong address documents – latest stamped tenancy agreement or a current government demand for rates under the parent’s name;
- Proof of Hong Kong address documents – latest original utility bill or bank statement under the parent’s name;
- A reference letter from your child’s current school (for applicants seeking admissions to Year 3 and above);
- Copies of examination certificates/results (for Year 12 application);
- Electronic photo of the applicant;
- Details of parent attendance at ESF primary/secondary school (if applicable).
The online application will take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete; the system will automatically log you out if it is idle for 60 minutes. All unsaved data will be lost. Please allow enough time to familiarise yourself with all of the instructions before you start.
Once your application has been submitted, you will not be able to change or view your application data online. Applicants are strongly advised to check their application data carefully and keep a record of their application data before submitting their application.
If any of the supporting documents cannot be submitted digitally, parents can submit them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. An application will be processed ONLY when all documents and payments are received.
After your online application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an acknowledgement email with a unique 12-digit Application Reference Number. Please make sure your e-mail account will not block correspondence from ESF Foundation.
If you are not sure that your application was successfully submitted, it is your responsibility to contact ESF Foundation to ensure that your application was received.
You are required to quote the Application Reference Number and the applicant’s full name in all future correspondence with the Admissions Office.
Please email the Admissions Office as soon as possible should there be any changes in personal particulars after your application has been submitted.
Technical support: If you experience difficulties using the ‘online’ applications, please upgrade your system. Please note that the system is best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer v7 or v8 and Firefox v3.6 with the browser’s security settings at or below default levels to access this online system. Should the problem persist, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Technical Problem Encountered During On-Line Applications” and briefly describe the problem in the content. ESF’s Technical Support Team will be in touch with you to help solve the issues.
NOTE: The online application system is scheduled to perform regular system maintenance every Sunday from 3 am to 3:30 am Hong Kong time. During this time, the online application forms will not be available
Central Applications :
Please note that there is no assurance that an assessment/interview or a seat will be offered within the school year applied. Applicants in the queue could be subjected to a period of waiting and be considered for future school years instead due to the lack of vacancies. The application fee is non-refundable regardless.
Application Fee: Application fees will be set at $2,000, with effect from 1 September 2018. The collection of the application fee constitutes NO assurance that an assessment/interview or a school place will be offered.
Non-refundable Building Levy (NBL):
Beginning with the 2013-14 school year, the non-refundable building levy payable by all new incoming Year One students joining RCHK is HK$50,000. New students entering Year Two to Year Twelve will be required to pay a pro-rated contribution.