Welcome to the online version of the ESF application for primary and secondary schools.
For full information across ESF schools please also visit the ESF Admissions Page.
All applications are expected to be filed through the ‘one form’ application system for ESF primary schools, secondary schools, and all-through schools — Discovery College (DC) and Renaissance College (RCHK). Parents may only submit one online application per child with their selected preference of schools.
Parents may choose up to FOUR preferred schools from the ESF schools, DC, and RCHK.
Before starting to fill in the online application form, make sure you have:
- Your child’s Hong Kong identity card, passport or birth certificate numbers, and date of birth details;
- If your child has siblings, their Hong Kong identity card number, passport number, and date of birth details;
- Details of the child’s previous school history, school name, grades attended, etc..;
- A digital photo of the student saved on your computer;
- Your credit card details for online payment of the application fee. You will be requested to enter the 3 or 4-digit code found on the back of your credit card. If you decide to use a VISA card issued by a bank that has launched the“Verified BY VISA” or MasterCard Secure Code, you will be required by the bank to provide details for verification.
- *Supporting documents (listed on the application checklist) in PDF format.*The supporting documents to be UPLOADED during the application are:
- Copy of the child’s school reports for the last two years, with English translation as appropriate. If applying for Year 1, one kindergarten report;
- Educational Psychology Reports or similar (where appropriate);
- Copy of student’s birth certificate;
- Copy of the child’s passport including the current visa status for Hong Kong;
- Copy of parent’s passport including the current visa status in Hong Kong;
- Copy of parent’s and child’s identity cards, if applicable as residing in Hong Kong;
- Proof of Hong Kong address documents – the latest stamped tenancy agreement or a current government demand for rates under the parent’s name;
- Proof of Hong Kong address documents latest original utility bill or bank statement under the parent’s name. See here for details.
- A reference letter from your child’s current school (for applicants seeking admissions to Year 3 and above);
- Copies of examination certificates/results (for Year 12 application);
- Electronic photo of the applicant;
- Details of parent attendance at ESF primary/secondary school (if applicable).
If any of the supporting documents cannot be submitted digitally, parents can submit them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. An application will be processed ONLY when all documents and payments are received.
After your online application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an acknowledgment email with a unique 12-digit Application Reference Number. Please make sure your e-mail account will not block correspondence from the ESF Foundation.
If you are not sure that your application was successfully submitted, it is your responsibility to contact the ESF Foundation to ensure that your application was received.
You are required to quote the Application Reference Number and the applicant’s full name in all future correspondence with the Admissions Office.
Please email the ESF Admissions Office as soon as possible should there be any changes in personal particulars after your application has been submitted.
Technical support: If you experience difficulties using the ‘online’ applications, please upgrade your system. Please note that the system is best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer v7 or v8 and Firefox v3.6 with the browser’s security settings at or below default levels to access this online system. Should the problem persist, please visit the ESF admissions page for inquiries.
NOTE: The online application system is scheduled to perform regular system maintenance every Sunday from 3 a.m. to 3:30 a.m. Hong Kong time. During this time, the online application forms will not be available
General applications: Open all year round for Y2 – Y6 and Y8 -Y12
- All applications must be submitted online. Please check the admissions schedule for the status prior to your application.
- Applications will be administered in order of application date (first come first serve) according to the priority categories. (See Admissions Policy)
Central Applications: Open in September for Y1 and Y7 only
- All applications must be submitted online.
- All Year One and Year Seven applications received within the central application period (September 1- 30) are PROCESSED IN RANDOM ORDER following a computer-generated sequential number while the applicants are also ordered according to the priority categories. (See Admissions Policy)
Please note that there is no assurance that an assessment/interview or a seat will be offered within the school year applied. Applicants in the queue could be subjected to a period of waiting and be considered for future school years instead due to the lack of vacancies. The application fee is non-refundable regardless.
Application Fee: Application fees are HKD$ 2,800 per applicant. The collection of the application fee constitutes NO assurance that an assessment/interview or a school place will be offered.
Non-refundable Building Levy (NBL):
Beginning with the 2013-14 school year, the non-refundable building levy payable by all new incoming Year One students joining RCHK is HK$50,000. New students entering Year Two to Year Twelve will be required to pay a pro-rated contribution.