Gaining interview priority for Renaissance College can be achieved by purchasing Nomination Rights.
Individual Nomination Rights (INR) are priced at HK$400,000 each for Renaissance College. (HKD$500,000 each for ESF zone schools) Corporate NR (CNR) is only available for ESF zone schools and Discovery College.
The INR entitles the holder to a one-time nomination of one child for a place at an ESF Zone School, Renaissance College, or Discovery College. The nominee will be able to gain priority for admission (after Corporate Nominees, children of full-time staff, and siblings of students attending an ESF kindergarten, primary, secondary or all-through school).
The offer of a place will be conditional on passing the English proficiency test/interview held at the school. The final decision on whether to offer a place rests with the school.
- Application may be made to any year group, with a small number of places being reserved for Year 1 (ESF schools, DC, and RCHK) and Year 7 (ESF Secondary Schools only). Please visit the Admissions: Primary & Secondary page (click here) and scroll down to “Download INR Details” for full information.
Payment of the INR
- When a school place becomes available, the INR applicant will be invited to attend an interview. A deposit of HK$50,000 will be required which is only refundable if the child is unsuccessful at the interview. (Confirmation of INR interview priority is dependent on the clearance of the deposit cheque.)
- The remaining balance of HK$450,000 is payable immediately when an ESF place is accepted. For a place at DC or RCHK, the remaining balance of HK$350,000 is payable immediately when the place is accepted.
- The INR fee is not set against school tuition.
- INR Nominees from overseas must have been studying in an English medium school or kindergarten for a minimum of two years prior to application.
- The final offer of a place will be conditional upon the relevant visa proof being provided.
- The INR fee is forfeited if the above conditions are not met or if the student withdraws after an Individual Nomination Right has been issued.
- The INR applicant may indicate up to three schools in order of preference at which the Nominee can be considered. Waitlist placement will be considered for each school listed in turn. The schools identified in respect of any Nominee can only be changed with the consent of ESF.
- Nominees must undertake to make their own travel arrangements if living outside the area covered by the school bus service.*
- If all available Individual Nomination Rights for selected school(s) are taken, the application and deposit cheque will be returned and the name and contact details placed on the central interest list for the first choice school. Interest list applicants will be contacted if and when an INR becomes available.
- Sibling rights apply once the first child is enrolled in and attending an ESF School, DC, or RCHK.
- The Non-refundable capital/building levy payment is still applicable to the children joining ESF schools, DC, or RCHK under the respective schemes.
- A child joining in Year 6 will have a guarantee of Year 7 place at one of the ESF secondary schools, although the place will not necessarily be at the school of zone. For DC and RCHK Year 6, their secondary school place is guaranteed to the respective College.
- As there is a different admission process for allocation of ESF Learning Support Centre places and entry to Jockey Club Sarah Roe School, children with special educational needs are not eligible for nomination through the Nomination Rights scheme.
*If a place in an out-of-zone school is accepted, an application for transfer to the school of zone following a commitment period to the offering school may be requested. For overseas applicants, therefore, it is recommended that housing is found in the residential zone if allocated to an ESF school.
Application Arrangements for Year 1 (children born in 2019) and Year 7 (children born in 2013)
INR applications for students seeking admission to Year 1 and Year 7 in August 2024 may be made from 1 September 2023.
Click here for details.
Individual Nomination Rights Application Form (for year groups other than Years 1 and 7)
Updated on: 20 July 2022