ESF schools are not selective: admission depends above all on the student’s ability to benefit from an ESF education. Please click here for ESF Admissions Policy in detail.
General Information – RCHK
Renaissance College (RCHK) is a Private Independent School (PIS) run by ESF Educational Services Ltd.
We are a fully accredited, through-train IB World School, offering all four IB programmes on one campus.
Renaissance College is an English medium school. Mandarin Chinese is offered as a specialist language subject mandatory for all students in PYP and MYP.
The following conditions apply to Private Independent Schools:
- At full capacity, 70 per cent of the students enrolled must have the status of Hong Kong Permanent Resident (HKPR).
- Renaissance College has no catchment area; Any students legally residing in Hong Kong can apply.
Priority for Admissions Assessment/Interview
When demand for enrolment in any year group exceeds the number of places available, students may be placed on an active applications list and await assessment/interview. Priority for an admissions assessment/interview will be based on the following criteria and a random number scheme applies.
- The children of full-time teaching staff at ESF or ESF Educational Services Limited*;
- The children of full-time support staff at ESF or ESF Educational Services Limited*;
- The siblings* of students already attending an ESF kindergarten, primary or secondary school, private independent school (PIS) or Jockey Club Sarah Roe School; *HKPR applicants only when applying for RCHK (PIS)
- Individual Nomination Rights Nominees. Please see the “Nomination Rights” section for details.
- Current students requesting internal transfer;
- Children of former students who have attended an ESF/PIS school for a minimum of three years or are former ESF/PIS students returning from a period overseas or siblings of former students who have attended for a minimum of three years and graduated from an ESF/PIS secondary school in Year 13;
- Children nominees from universities with the collaboration agreement with ESF; and
- Other applicants who can benefit from an English-medium education.
- * Staff are given priority according to employment terms for ESF or the Private Independent schools.
Admission Assessment/Interview Leads to the Enrolment & Waiting List
Renaissance College will undergo age-appropriate reading and writing assessments (except for Year One) allowing the applicants to demonstrate they are capable of engaging with RCHK’s English medium IB curriculum.
Group or one-on-one interviews will be offered to those who pass the assessment. Please visit Procedure for more information. The interview is designed to explore each student’s potential for learning and their ability to access the IB curriculum.
Applicants’ academic background, previous school reports and supporting documents will also be taken into consideration. Applicants must be able to demonstrate behavioural responsibility and the principles of good citizenship.
Applicants who pass the assessment/interview will be offered a place or be placed on the waiting list if the vacancies are not available immediately.
A non-refundable application fee of HK$2,000 per applicant and per application is required to offset administrative costs. The collection of the application fee constitutes NO assurance that an assessment/interview or a school place will be offered.
Tuition Fees 2022-23
Primary Years Programme (Years 1 to 6): HK$127,500 per annum
Middle Years Programme (Years 7 to 11): HK$169,300 per annum
Diploma Programme / Career-related Programme (Years 12 &13): HK$170,900 per annum
(Financial aid may be available for families in need.)
Deposit (Pre-pay School Fees)
The College collects a 2-month pre-paid school fee (‘deposit’) when students are offered a place. This ‘deposit’ for the 2022/23 school year is HK$25,500 for Primary Year Programme, HK$33,800 for the Secondary Year Programme and HK$34,180 for Diploma Programme.
Half of the ‘deposit’ is to offset against the first month’s fees. The remainder will be credited against the fees for the last month of enrollment, subject to a two-month advance notice of withdrawal submitted via the ESF APP. Please note that THE TWO-MONTH DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE IF THE SCHOOL PLACE IS NOT SUBSEQUENTLY TAKEN BY THE APPLICANTS.
Non-refundable Building Levy (NBL)
Beginning with the 2013-14 school year, the ONE-OFF, non-refundable building levy payable by every new incoming Year One student is HK$50,000. New students entering Year Two to Year Twelve are required to pay a pro-rated contribution.
Admissions enquiries should be sent to email@example.com.
Year of Birth to Year Group Table
Renaissance College places students in the year group primarily according to their year of birth (January – December). Please refer to the chart below before applying. If in any doubts, please contact us via Admissions for clarifications.
|Primary Years Programme
|Middle Years Programme
|Diploma Programme (DP) &
Career-related Programme (CP)
Renaissance College’s Admissions Policy is subject to review and updates as instructed by ESF.