ESF schools are not selective: admission depends above all on the student’s ability to benefit from an ESF education. Please click here for ESF Admissions Policy in details.
Renaissance College is a Private Independent School (PIS) run by ESF Educational Services Ltd.
We are a fully accredited, through-train IB School, offering all four IB programmes on one campus.
Renaissance College is an English medium school. Mandarin will be offered as a specialist language subject for all students.
The following conditions apply to Private Independent Schools:
- At the full capacity, 70 per cent of the students enrolled must have the status of Hong Kong Permanent Resident.
- Renaissance College has no catchment area; Any students legally residing in Hong Kong can apply.
Priority for Admissions Assessment/Interview
When demand for enrolment in any year group exceeds the number of places available, students may be placed on an active applications list await for assessment/interview. Priority for an admissions assessment/interview will be based on the following criteria and a random number scheme applies.
- The children of full-time teaching staff at ESF or ESF Educational Services Limited*;
- The children of full-time support staff at ESF or ESF Educational Services Limited*;
- The siblings of students already attending an ESF primary or secondary school, private independent school (PIS) or Jockey Club Sarah Roe School;
- Individual Nomination Rights Nominees. Please see the “Nomination Rights” section for details.
- Current students requesting internal transfer;
- Children of former students who have attended an ESF/PIS school for a minimum of three years or are former ESF/PIS students returning from a period overseas or siblings of former students who have attended for a minimum of three years and graduated from an ESF/PIS secondary school in Year 13;
- Children (applying for Year One) attending an ESF International Kindergarten** [Note: contingent upon the child studying in the kindergarten continuously until the end of Term 3 prior to entry into primary school];
- Children nominees from universities with the collaboration agreement with ESF; and
- Other applicants who can benefit from an English-medium education.
- * Staff are given priority according to employment terms for ESF or the Private Independent schools.
**Priority for interview is subject to having attended ESF kindergarten for a minimum of two terms prior to the applicable January Year 1 interview period. Students recently arrived from overseas are exempt from the two terms requirement.
Admission Assessment/Interview Leads to the Enrolment & Waiting List
Applicants for Renaissance College will undergo age-appropriate writing and reading assessments (except for Year One) to demonstrate that they are capable of engaging with RCHK’s English medium IB curriculum.
In addition, secondary school applicants will attend an individual interview. This interview is designed to explore each student’s potential for learning and their ability to engage with the IB MYP and Diploma curriculum.
Applicants’ academic background, previous school reports and supporting documents will also be taken into consideration. Applicants must be able to demonstrate behavioural responsibility and the principles of good citizenship.
Applicants who pass the assessment/interview will be offered a place or be placed on the waiting list if the vacancies are not available immediately.
A non-refundable application fee of HK$2,000 per applicant and per application is required to offset administrative costs. The collection of the application fee constitutes NO assurance that an assessment/interview or a school place will be offered.
Tuition Fees 2019-20
Primary Years Programme (Years 1 to 6): HK$124,000 per annum
Middle Years Programme (Years 7 to 11): HK$166,000 per annum
Diploma Programme / Career-related Programme (Years 12 &13): HK$167,900 per annum
(Financial aid may be available for families in need.)
Deposit (Pre-pay School Fees)
The College requires a 2-month deposit when students are offered a place. This deposit for 2019/20 school year is HK$24,800 for Primary Year Programme, HK$33,200 for Secondary Year Programme and HK$33,580 for Diploma Programme.
Half of the deposit is to offset against the first month’s fees. The remainder will be credited against the fees for the last month of enrollment, subject to a two-month advance notice of withdrawal in writing. Please note that THE TWO-MONTH DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE IF THE SCHOOL PLACE IS NOT SUBSEQUENTLY TAKEN BY THE APPLICANTS.
Non-refundable Building Levy (NBL)
Beginning with 2013-14 school year, the ONE-OFF, non-refundable building levy payable by all new incoming Year One students is HK$50,000. New students entering Year Two to Year Twelve will be required to pay a pro-rated contribution.
Admissions enquiries should be sent to email@example.com.
Year of Birth to Year Group Table
Renaissance College places students in the year group primarily according to their year of birth (January – December). Please refer to the chart below before applying. If in any doubts, please contact us via Admissions for clarifications.
|Primary Years Programme
|Middle Years Programme
|Diploma Programme (DP) &
Career-related Programme (CP)
Renaissance College’s Admissions Policy is subject to regular review. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to check the college website for any updates to the policy.