Assessment and Interview
Primary Assessment (Year Two to Year Six)
- Primary applicants will be invited to RCHK for an age-appropriate English proficiency assessment when vacancies for direct-entry or wait-list positions become available. For Year Two and Three admissions, assessment is combined with interviews on the same day.
- For Year Four, Five, and Six, the interviews are conducted in a group form to further assess the applicants after the written assessment on a different date.
Secondary Assessment (Year Eight to Year Twelve)
- Secondary applicants will be invited to RCHK for an English reading/writing assessment as vacancies for direct-entry or wait-list positions become available. (Year 9 –12 applicants may be asked to take an additional Mathematics assessment).
- If successful, the applicants will be invited to attend either a group or one-on-one interview with a member of the Admissions Committee.
After the Assessment/interview
- Applicants will be notified of the test/interview outcome by e-mail.
- If successful, an immediate place or a wait-list place will be offered.
- Acceptance of an immediate place must be confirmed by submission of a 2-month fee deposit and a one-off payment of NBL. (see College Fees)
- Re-applying is required under the following situations when the application comes to an end:
- The invitation for an assessment/interview has been declined repeatedly by the applicant
- The applicant has not met the entry requirement at the assessment/interview.
- An offer of a place has been declined by the applicant regardless of the reasons.
- The successful result of the assessment/interview is valid for six months only.
- Successful applicants, who have been placed on the waitlist due to the lack of places, are required to undergo a further assessment in the event of there not being a place available for a period greater than six months. There will be no additional charge for a re-assessment.