Assessment and Interview
Primary Assessment (Year Two to Year Six)
- Primary applicants will be invited to RCHK for an age-appropriate language assessment and interview when vacancies for direct-entry or wait-list positions become available. All applicants will be assessed in English language, and for Year Two and Three applicants, and if possible, assessment can take place in another of the child’s preferred languages also.
Secondary Assessment (Year Eight to Year Twelve)
- Secondary applicants will be invited to RCHK for an English reading/writing assessment as vacancies for direct-entry or wait-list positions become available. (Year 9 –12 applicants may be asked to take an additional Mathematics assessment).
- If successful, the applicants will be invited to attend either a group or one-on-one interview with a member of the Admissions Committee.
After the Assessment/interview
- Applicants will be notified of the test/interview outcome by e-mail.
- If successful, an immediate place or a wait-list place will be offered.
- Acceptance of an immediate place must be confirmed by submission of a 2-month fee deposit and a one-off payment of NBL. (see College Fees)
- Re-applying is required under the following situations when the application comes to an end:
- The invitation for an assessment/interview has been declined repeatedly by the applicant
- The applicant has not met the entry requirement at the assessment/interview.
- An offer of a place has been declined by the applicant regardless of the reasons.
- The successful result of the assessment/interview is valid for six months only.
- Successful applicants, who have been placed on the waitlist due to the lack of places, are required to undergo a further assessment in the event of there not being a place available for a period greater than six months. There will be no additional charge for a re-assessment.