Internal Transfer Policy
Transfers between Renaissance College and other ESF/PIS schools are allowed following completion of the 2-year commitment period, if applicable, to the current school or if the student has already been with the school for two or more years.
The address proof of school zone must be provided if wishing to transfer to an ESF primary or secondary school. Discovery College is zone free hence no address proof for zone if transferring to DC.
The student may join the internal transfer waitlist for the year group and school according to the category priority order. The timing of transfer will be dependent on availability.
- All requests for transfers may be submitted from 1 January, at the earliest, for entry to the following academic year. For students on a two-year commitment, the transfer request may be submitted six months in advance of the completion of their commitment. There may be a possibility of mid-term entry depending on the place availability if the student has already completed their commitment to his/her current school. Normally there is movement and withdrawals over the summer period for transfers to take place.
- A written transfer request (e.g. letter or email) must be submitted to the Admissions Office. RCHK will raise the transfer request if all conditions or requirements are met. The future school is informed of the transfer request immediately.
- Once there is availability, the future school will inform RCHK to initiate the transfer process. RCHK will then be in contact with the family to confirm and start the transfer arrangements.
- Please note that the previously paid non-refundable building levy to RC will NOT be transferred to the future school and the family is liable to the future school’s requirement on a new payment.
Withdrawal from RCHK (excluding internal transfer)
Parents who wish to withdraw their child/children from Renaissance College are required to submit the “Student Withdrawal Notice” to officially inform the college of the withdrawal of their children. Notification of withdrawal by other means such as email, letter or verbal notice is no longer acceptable.
A hard copy or scanned copy of the completed and signed student withdrawal notice should be sent or emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the Admissions Office of Renaissance College. The receipt of the notice will be acknowledged via email by the Admissions Office within two working days.
The Student Withdrawal Notice will be used by parents for notifying the college of:
- A current student’s withdrawal;
- The withdrawal of “prospective students” before the first day of school;
- Current students not returning to school for the next academic year and
- Any subsequent change of the last date of attendance.
As per the Terms and Conditions of Offer shown on the Acceptance Form when a student joins Renaissance College, there is a deposit paid equivalent to two months’ school fees. The first half of the deposit is credited against the first month’s fees, while the remaining half will be credited against the fees for the last month of enrolment, subject to the Student Withdrawal Notice being received at least two months prior to the student’s last date of attendance.
Withdrawal of “Prospective Student”
Should a parent subsequently decide not to take up the school place. i.e. to withdraw a prospective student before the student’s scheduled first day of school, the parent is required to complete and return the Student Withdrawal Notice to the Admissions Office of Renaissance College.
All the information as per the notice is to be included except that, instead of:
- The student’s “class” – the year group should be written and
- “Last date of attendance” – “prospective student” should be written.
As per the Terms and Conditions of Offer shown on the Acceptance Form, the admission deposit equivalent to two months’ school fees, is non-refundable and non-transferable and will be forfeited if the place is subsequently not taken up.
Students Not Returning to School for the Next Academic Year
For existing students who will not be returning to school after the summer break, parents may submit a Student Withdrawal Notice, at any time during the school year to the Admissions Office of the College. However, the Student Withdrawal Notice needs to be submitted in late April (date varies each year based on the last day of school) to fulfill the two months notice requirement, if the remaining half of the deposit (pre-paid school fee) made when accepting the offer of a place is to be credited against the fees for the last month of enrolment.
The annual deadline in April will be announced to the parents by email. The deposit will be forfeited if the notice is submitted after the deadline.
Subsequent Change of the Last Date of Attendance
Parents, who wish to change the last date of attendance after a notice has already been submitted, are required to submit a revised Student Withdrawal Notice to the Admissions Office of Renaissance College. All sections of the revised notice should be completed, and it must be stipulated in the “Remarks” of the revised notice that it supersedes the previous notice dated dd/mm/yy.
Any subsequent change of postponing the last date of attendance may be declined as the vacancy may have been allocated to another student.
The remaining half of the deposit made when accepting the offer of a place will be forfeited if the change of the last date of attendance is submitted less than two months prior to the last date of attendance, even though the first Student Withdrawal Notice was received at least two months prior to the student’s last date of attendance.
Cancellation of Student Withdrawal
In the event of a cancellation, parents should inform the Admissions Office of Renaissance College in writing, as early as possible, before the last date of attendance. However, please be advised that the cancellation may be declined as the vacancy may have been allocated to another student.