Dear RCHK Family,
The Hong Kong Education Department Bureau (EDB) has announced that they will be offering HK$2500 grant to every student attending Secondary, Primary or Kindergarten school in Hong Kong in the 2020/2021 academic year. Please click here to see the information from the EDB and refer to details below on how to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
For parents who applied for the grant last year:
- EDB has supplied us with the hard copy pre-printed forms (Form B in green colour) with the same bank details and QR code from last year.
- These forms will be distributed to each student with the help of class teachers in Primary and advisors in Secondary to take home before the end of the week for parents to date and sign.
- If there is a mistake on the pre-printed form, please amend the information (use blue/black pen and do not use correction tape). Please sign next to the correction (the signature must be the same as the applicant’s signature).
For parents applying for the first time or student who joined RCHK this academic year:
- Please download the blank EDB form here (Form A in white colour), print, complete, date and sign.
- Please make sure to put the correct bank code on the form; sole name bank account is required and joint bank accounts are not accepted.
- Please fill in the HKID card no. of the student, not the parent.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Once the forms are completed, parents or students should drop off the forms in designated collection boxes at the MTR gate, Primary Office, Secondary Office and Reception and RCHK will send them back to EDB for processing and redemption. Scanned copies will not be accepted by the EDB.
Please note the deadline for drop-off is Friday 16 October.
- Please fill in the bank code correctly – for example, “003” for Standard Chartered Bank, “004” for HSBC, “024” for Hang Seng Bank.
- The sole name bank account is required and joint bank accounts are not accepted.
- The application process by EDB will take about six weeks.
If you have any questions about this process, please call main reception at 3556-3556 or email our Office Administrator, Ms. Beatrice So at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you wish to make enquiries on your application or payment, the contact to the EDB’s Special Duties Office is 3850-2000 or email@example.com.