ESF has proudly launched the online The Chinese Language Festival, 2020/2021. The event is co-hosted by Education University of Hong Kong and China International Education and joined by schools and education organisations worldwide.
The Chinese Language Festival aims to promote Chinese language learning and appreciation for Chinese culture. It is a platform for young learners to showcase their interest and talent in using the Chinese language to create, present and communicate.
Please visit the Festival Website for more information and click at the link below to register.
Please contact your child’s Chinese teacher for more information, if needed.
Entry Submission Deadline: Wednesday, 31 March 2021
Result Announcement: April 2021
Reach: The festival is held in 7 regions: Europe, North America, Oceania, Southeast Asia, Japan and Korea, Mainland China as well as Hong Kong and Macau.
Participants: Students of 4-24 years old, in kindergarten, primary, secondary schools and universities.
- Chinese Native Speakers – Both parents are of Chinese origin, and using Chinese as their first language
- Non-Chinese Native Speakers – With one or both non-Chinese background parents, or using other languages as the first language despite the fact that parents are of Chinese origin.
Types of Entries:
|– Submit in JPEG or PDF form.
– Both simplified and traditional Chinese characters are accepted.
|– Submit as a video upload.
– Entries accepted in Putonghua only.
|1. Kindergarten (4-5 years old)
(born from 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2017)
| 2. Lower Primary (6-7 years old)
(born from 1 April 2013 to 31 March 2015)
|3. Middle Primary (8-9 years old)
(born from 1 April 2011 to 31 March 2013)
|4. Upper Primary (10-11 years old)
(born from 1 April 2009 to 31 March 2011)
|5. Junior High School (12-15 years old)
(born from 1 April 2005 to 31 March 2009)
|6. Senior High School (16-18 years old)
(born from 1 April 2002 to 31 March 2005)
|7. University (19 -24 years old)
(born from 1 April 1996 to 31 March 2002 )
Note: Each participant can enter 1-3 competitions within their age group.
- Each competition item from each group will have several first prizes, second prizes and third prizes. A certificate will be given to every winner.
- The top scorer of all 3 competitions within each age group will be awarded the title of the Champion. A certificate and a trophy will be given to the Champion.
- The most outstanding winners will be awarded the title of Chinese Language Festival Ambassador. A certificate, a special trophy and cash award will be given to the winners.
- Excellence of Participation: the school/organisation with best participants or most number of participants.
- Excellent Teacher: any teacher with 10 or more competition winners.