Assessment, Recording and Reporting (ARR)
In this section of the website you will find information about assessment and reporting within the PYP. Throughout the year students will regularly engage in teacher assessment; some year groups will also undertake formal standardized assessment.
The purpose of Assessment at RCHK, in line with the ESF Assessment policy is “is to support student learning and help teachers better understand the progress of their learners.”
Added to this we aim to help parents understand the progress their child is making through the various methods of reporting.
For 2016-17 the reporting to parent schedule is as follows:
- Three Way Conferences – October 27th & 28st, 2016
- First Semester written report – January 11th, 2017
- Portfolio of work evidence to be shared at home – Between Chinese New Year and Easter Break
- Year 6 Exhibition (Year 6 only) – June 9th, 2017
- Second semester written report – June 9th, 2017 (Years 1 – 5)
- Second semester written report – June 20th, 2017 (Year 6)
- Student led conferences – June 16th & 17th, 2017 (Years 1 – 5)
If at any point you wish to discuss your child’s progress you may contact their teacher via email to make an appointment.
STANDARDISED ASSESSMENTS 2016-2017
Performance Indicators in Primary School (PIPS) – On entry baseline assessment – Year 1 September 2016 (Internal Data)
Interactive Computerised Assessment System (InCAS) – full suite (Attitudes, Developed Ability, General Maths, Mental Arithmetic, Reading, Spelling). All Years 3 and 6 students sit for the InCAS in line with ESF policy. InCAS will generate individual reports, which will be available to parents via Gateway in Term 2.
International schools assessment (ISA) – full suite (Mathematical literacy, Writing (2 tests) and Reading). All Years 4 and 6 students sit for the ISA in line with ESF policy. This is an externally marked assessment. ISA will generate individual reports which will be available to parents via Gateway in Term 2.