Effective from academic year 2018/19, the Admissions process will be a ‘one form’ application system for all ESF primary and secondary schools including Renaissance College. Parents are strongly advised to review this process on the ESF website.
RCHK’s webpages will be updated accordingly before August 1, 2018.
- All applications must be submitted online. (See Applications)
- Following online submission, a printout of the completed online application form plus the supporting documents must be mailed / delivered to RCHK:(Attn: Admissions)
5 Hang Ming Street
Ma On Shan, N.T.
- Applications for all year groups (apart from Year 1) will be placed on the candidate list and administered in order of application date, in line with our Admissions Schedule. (See Admissions Schedule)
Primary Year One
All Year 1 application received within the central application period (September 1- 30) are PROCESSED IN RANDOM ORDER following a computer generated sequential number. From this list, applicants are ordered according to the priority categories. (See Admissions Policy)
For more Information of Year One admissions, please visit Y1 Admissions.
Primary Assessment (Year Two to Year Six)
- Primary applicants will be invited to RCHK for an age-appropriate English reading/writing and Maths assessment as vacancies for direct entry or wait-list positions become available.
- In addition, Year Four, Five and Six applicants will be invited for the interviews if the first assessment is successful. The interviews are conducted in a group form to further assess the applicants.
Secondary Assessment (Year Seven to Year Twelve)
- Secondary applicants will be invited to RCHK for an English reading / writing assessment as vacancies for direct entry or wait-list positions become available. (Year 9 –12 applicants are required to take an additional Mathematics assessment).
- If successful, the applicant and parent(s) will be invited for an interview with a member of the Admissions Committee.
After the Assessment
- Applicants will be notified of the test / interview outcome by e-mail.
- If successful, an immediate place or a wait-list place will be offered.
- Acceptance of an immediate place must be confirmed by submission of a 2-month fee deposit and a one-off payment of NBL. (see School Fees)
- Re-applications are required when:
- An invitation for an assessment/interview has been declined repeatedly by the applicant
- An offer of a place has been declined by the applicant
- The applicant has not met the entry requirement at the assessment/interview
Wait list Placement
- Successful applicants placed on the wait-list due to the lack of places may be required to undergo a further assessment in the event of there not being a place available for a period greater than six months.