**** Important Information ****
Year One (2018-19) application is now open until September 30. Children born in 2013 (January to December) are welcome to apply online.
As the Education Bureau is still reviewing the proposal, the planned ‘one form’ application system will NOT be launched this year. Separate applications are necessary to cover ESF and private independent schools (PIS).
Renaissance College is a Private Independent School (PIS) run by ESF Educational Services Ltd.
We are a fully accredited, through-train IB School, offering all four IB programmes on one campus.
Renaissance College is an English medium school. Mandarin will be offered as a specialist language subject for all students.
The following conditions apply to Private Independent Schools:
- At the full capacity, 70 percent of the students enrolled must have the status of Hong Kong Permanent Resident.
- Renaissance College has no catchment area; Any students legally residing in Hong Kong can apply.
Priority for Admissions Assessment/Interview
When demand for enrolment in any year group exceeds the number of places available, students may be placed on an active applications list await for assessment/interview. Priority for an admissions assessment/interview will be based on the following criteria and a random number scheme applies.
1. Children of full-time RCHK teachers (including management position); and full-time RCHK supporting staff (including EAs) with a minimum one-year employment at the time of application.
2. Siblings of students currently attending RCHK.
3. Children who are Nominees under the Nomination Rights Scheme for all year groups. Within this category, nominees are ranked in order of receipt of their Nomination Rights Application Form. Please see the “Nomination Rights” section for details.
4. Children of full-time ESF/Discovery College teachers.
5. Children attending ESF Educational Services Ltd. Kindergartens and applying for Year One. Applicants must have been attending a minimum of TWO continuous terms prior to the interview date ( January) and must commit to continuing attending until the end of term 3 prior to entry into primary school.
6. Former RCHK students returning directly from a period overseas.
7. Children of RCHK alumni (graduates or former students attending RCHK for a minimum of three years)
8. Other applicants.
Admission Assessment/Interview Leads to the Enrolment & Waiting List
Applicants for Renaissance College will undergo age-appropriate writing and reading assessments (except for Year One) to demonstrate that they are capable of engaging with RCHK’s English medium IB curriculum.
In addition, secondary school applicants will attend an individual interview. This interview is designed to explore each student’s potential for learning and their ability to engage with the IB MYP and Diploma curriculum.
Applicants’ academic background, previous school reports and supporting documents will also be taken into consideration. Applicants must be able to demonstrate behavioural responsibility and the principles of good citizenship.
Applicants who pass the assessment/interview will be offered a place or be placed on the waiting list if the vacancies are not available immediately.
A non-refundable application fee of HK$1,200 per applicant and per application is required to offset administrative costs.However, the collection of the applications fee constitutes NO assurance that an assessment/interview or a school place will be offered.
Tuition Fees 2017-18
Primary Years Programme (Years 1 to 6): HK$111,500 per annum
Middle Years Programme (Years 7 to 11): HK$149,300 per annum
Diploma Programme / Career-related Programme (Years 12 &13): HK$151,000 per annum
(Financial aid may be available for families in need.)
Deposit (Pre-pay School Fees)
The College requires a 2-month deposit when students are offered a place. This deposit for 2017-18 school year is HK$22,300 for Primary Year Programme, HK$29,860 for Secondary Year Programme and HK$30,200 for Diploma Programme.
Half of the deposit is to offset against the first month’s fees. The remainder will be credited against the fees for the last month of enrollment, subject to a two-month advance notice of withdrawal in writing. Please note that THE TWO-MONTH DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE IF THE SCHOOL PLACE IS NOT SUBSEQUENTLY TAKEN BY THE APPLICANTS.
Non-refundable Building Levy (NBL)
Beginning with 2013-14 school year, the ONE-OFF, non-refundable building levy payable by all new incoming Year One students is HK$50,000. New students entering Year Two to Year Twelve will be required to pay a prorated contribution.
Admissions enquiries should be sent to [email protected].
Year of Birth to Year Group Table
Renaissance College places students in the year group primarily according to their year of birth (January – December). Please refer to the chart below before applying. If in any doubts, please contact us via Admissions for clarifications.
|Primary Years Programme
|Middle Years Programme
|Diploma Programme (DP) &
Career-related Programme (CP)
Renaissance College’s Admissions Policy is subject to regular review. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to check the college website for any updates to the policy.